3 Ways To Save Money On Health Insurance
Intro: Health Insurance was designed to cover some of your medical bills. This includes illnesses, injuries, and any other ailments/conditions. It is usually offered through an employer, but you also have the option to join a plan individually. Health insurance can alleviate the stress of doctors’ visits while also financially protecting you from any unexpected injuries. Here are some ways to save money on your health plan.
1, Pick a plan that suits you best
- Conduct research on what’s available to you through your employer while also looking into individual plans.
- Keep your medical needs in mind like how often you’re purchasing medicine and how frequently you’re visiting a doctor. In 2015, the Kaiser Family Foundation found that there were 1 million adults who declared medical bankruptcy. 78% of those people had health insurance but still were unable to cover all their costs.
2, Start an HSA/FSA
- A health savings account is only offered when you’re enrolled in a high deductible health plan. A flexible spending account can be used with any health plan. Both were made to help you pay out-of-pocket medical costs after insurance.
- Some stores like Warby Parker accept HSA’s/FSA’s to help pay for new eyeglasses, sunglasses, and eye exams. This could help you save even more money when you go to purchase updated eyeglasses/sunglasses.
3, Consult with a health insurance broker
- Health insurance brokers do not work for insurance companies – they work for the people. They are there to help you understand your insurance and how to navigate payments, benefits, and anything else you need assistance with.
- Meeting with a broker can help you factor in your budget for you and your family so that you can find the best health insurance plan.
Use these helpful tips to make the most out of your health insurance. Take the time to do your research, ask around, and learn as much as you can.
In collaboration with Warby Parker