cheap health insurance north Carolina
Are you looking for the best cheap, health insurance options in North Carolina can find affordable subsidized policies offered on the North Carolina health insurance exchange
Choose a health insurance plan that works for you?
Our system provides an easy way to compare health insurance quotes for individual health plans. Individual health insurance plans are policies you buy on your own, rather than through work.
The comparison tool shows plans that are offered through the state of NC and federal health insurance marketplaces. If you qualify for tax subsidies to lower your monthly payments, you must buy one of these plans to receive a subsidy. The cheapest health insurance available for you in North Carolina
As a result of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), people can purchase cheapest individual health insurance through a government exchange or marketplace (commonly referred to as ACA plans)(Obamacare) or they can buy health insurance from private insurers.
These health insurance companies meet all the state and federal requirements for plans as well as additional standards established by Covered North Carolina They represent a mix of major insurers and smaller companies, regional and statewide doctor and hospital networks, and for-profit and nonprofit plans.
They deliver exceptional value and choice with affordable premiums, a wide choice of benefit levels, and good access to doctors and hospitals in all areas of the state
Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of NC
Bright Health Company
Health insurance in North Carolina makes it much easier for you to understand the different health insurance plans and what they cover. You’ll be able to make a comparison between the various plans and choose the one that meets your health and budget needs. The choice is all yours.
Once plan options appear, you’ll see rates, metallic tier choices, and benefits from all the different carriers in north Carolina Additionally, you’ll see if you qualify to get government assistance, which will enable you to receive discounted rates.
Your quotes will include:
• Carrier name (Bright Health, Anthem Blue Cross, etc.).
• Plan category (PPO, HMO, and EPO).
• Plan type (Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum).
• Total price of the plan.
• Price you will pay.
• Subsidy you qualify for.
This means is consumers can shop across our different health insurance companies knowing that the benefits are the same, depending on the metal tier, no matter which company they choose. Consumers get apples-to-apples comparisons about co-pays, deductibles, and other out-of-pocket costs upfront so there are no surprises when they use their plan. The consumer has their choice of coverage level based on a metal tier system to select a plan that best fits their needs.
The good news is that there is a health insurance plan for everyone. You don’t necessarily have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for medical insurance in North Carolina. And no insurance company will refuse to cover you simply because of a pre-existing condition.
For a particular health insurance plan, the cost of coverage is determined by a limited set of factors, which have been set by law. States can limit the degree to which these factors impact your rates.
• Age: The health care cost per person covered by a policy will be set according to their age, with rates increasing as the individual gets older. Children up to the age of 14 will cost a flat rate to add to a health plan, but premiums typically increase annually beginning at age 15.
• Where you live: Health insurance companies determine the set of policies offered and the cost of coverage based on the state and county you live in.
• Smoking/tobacco use: If you smoke, you can pay up to 50% higher rates for health insurance, though the maximum increase is determined by the state.
• Number of people insured: The total cost of a health plan is set according to the number of people covered by it, as well as each person’s age and tobacco use. For example, a family of three, with two adults and a child, would pay a much higher monthly health insurance premium than an individual.
Find affordable coverage in your city: Albemarle, Apex, Asheboro, Asheville, Boone, Carrboro, Cary, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Concord, Durham, Eden, Elizabeth City, Fayetteville, Garner, Gastonia, Goldsboro, Graham, Greensboro, Greenville, Havelock, Henderson, Hickory, Jacksonville, Kannapolis, Kernersville, Kinston, Laurinburg, Lenoir, Lexington, Lumberton, Matthews, Monroe, Mooresville, Morganton, New Bern, Newton, Raleigh, Reidsville, Roanoke Rapids, Rocky Mount, Salisbury, Sanford, Shelby, Smithfield, Southern Pines, Statesville, Tarboro, Thomasville, Wake Forest, Wilmington, Wilson, and Winston-Salem.